Saturday, March 10, 2012

STEP ONE

What a day. A glorious, productive, enticing, wonderful day. It was the kind of day I'll remember the rest of this, the second-half of my life. I spent quite a bit of the day simply pondering what we should or could do at the larger of the churches.

If you can simply eradicate the negativity in one's life as completely as one can, then there is a possibility of dreaming large while you're eyes still are wide open. Try it some time. Think of what could be in your life. Think of what God could do if you left the bodies and the rest of our minds completely in a positive state.

Don't try to do anything. Just dream. Just catch a vision. As that occurred, we had another of those phone call moments that changes lives. Again, like water from a tsunami, the tide came in and we began to change.

The excitement, and fear, was palpable.

 I haven''t slept a wink. Not one. I feel like my insides have been melted. I really, really want this to stop happening. I feel awful, but awfully exhilarated.

So now the big hurry-up and wait begins for the follow-up for all what happened yesterday. One test of the validity of what happened yesterday in the eyes of the Lord is whether indeed there is proper follow-up. Since there was none at all, I wonder as I begin to wander where this will take us. Are we ready? Will we ever be ready? Can we be?

  The months ahead will be about change, true and real and visible change. All of us will face it, some properly, some in anger or sadness perhaps. Can we truly turn to God and say with conviction,"Not my will but yours Father."

I happen to think that is the test of whether this experience is both OF God and is REAL. I'm quite ready not to merely go through this adventure, but I'm truly ready to grow, to change, to learn and to teach.

I pray I'm ready to let God be God and to admit I'm not. I call it STEP ONE.

No comments: