Monday, April 8, 2013

Do you want to be healed?

Jesus said to the paralytic, "do you want to be healed?"

Seems to me the question echoes down the corridor of time? Do we really want to have that (whatever that is?) removed from us? Do we really seek change? Or is whatever "that" is about the best we can come up with.

Sometimes I think our true answer would surprise us.

What then is the thing that keeps us from seeking Him, all of him?

I read this morning the story of the lost hiker who felt the presence of Jesus as he became disoriented.  Perhaps,what we need is something that keeps "us" out of the equation and lets Him in. Whatever that might be, that something, we must want it it seems to me. Seeking after his face then requires seeking, trying, effort. But until we understand it all comes down to him, even in the seeking, I question whether we will succeed.

As I write this, I "feel" his presence. It's early, the coffee hasn't kicked in, and I'm alone with my thoughts. But I recognize He is here.

And I suspect He is asking, "do you want to be healed?"

I pray my answer is yes, at all times, yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog today. So helpful