Monday, September 22, 2014

Mud swimming

"I waited and watched for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud. He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn't slip. He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God. More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God."

David wrote this. It could have been any Christian. 

Have you ever felt like you were swimming in mud. Have you ever been rescued by God? He is in the rescuing business.

I have seen many feel this way. I've seen many come out even stronger. Me? I go up, I go down. It's just the way of being Billy.

The thing to do when the mud grows thick is to sing the latest God-song, praise God for all He is to you.

Then sit back and wait. Or better yet, get up and do something or someone else. And the mystery of God will rise again.


No comments: