Thursday, November 20, 2014

He's got this

Jesus said, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

Yeah, well ...

Elvis sang, "We're falling apart; we can't let go, because I love you too much, baby."

Today our house in Lacombe becomes officially a burden we can't carry.
Today we begin to try to figure out emergency measures that will have repercussions on the rest of our lives together.
Today we, okay, I, go officially into panic mode and there is nothing I can do about it.
Today I'm applying for basket-case status.

According to a loved one, I spend too much time worrying about me. It's not all about me. Me. Me. Me.

I've written about happiness, about trust, about faith, and it's all an eggshell, it's all a game, it's all about fear and I don't talk about it because I was raised to not talk about it and it builds and it builds and it builds and suddenly I'm watching the Saints lose, and Mississippi State lose and Shonda Rhimes shows and, and, and you know I'm imploding.

And Jesus says don't worry, I got this.

But, but, but

I got this.

But,

how do I function till I get that He's got this is I believe the question not of the day but of a life? How do we get up and go when our get up and go has got up and went?

How do we address work, where money is always an issue, isn't it?
How do we address play, where there is never enough time for it?
How do we address stress, when it seems to grow like kudzu on a Mississippi byway?

These things are important for those who are shy, introverted and moody to begin with.

But it's how we answer those questions that I suspect is where living lies.

I got this, he says. And our options are to accept that or not. Accept that the worry is his, the burden is now his, the yoke is now his, and get on with living or just melt, like chocolate on a hot tin roof (no cats were harmed in the making of this sentence).

So, today I choose Him. Today I choose Jesus. Today I give up my burden, knowing tomorrow I'll probably snatch it back because it is mine do you hear me mine....Till then, I will relax.

He's got this.

1 comment:

Kevin H said...

You talkin' to ME?! Indeed you are.