Saturday, February 12, 2011

Egyptian against Egyptian

By the way, where have all my readers gone? The numbers are down drastically. I pray it's because you all are busy reading my new book, God's Calling. But surely there is time for both.


Isaiah wrote these words about 2600 years ago. See if they ring as true now as they did then.

1 A prophecy against Egypt:

See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt.
The idols of Egypt tremble before him,
and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.
2 “I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian—
brother will fight against brother,
neighbor against neighbor,
city against city,
kingdom against kingdom.
3 The Egyptians will lose heart,
and I will bring their plans to nothing;
they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead,
the mediums and the spiritists.
4 I will hand the Egyptians over
to the power of a cruel master,
and a fierce king will rule over them,”
declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty

That was then; this is now. I'm just saying...

No comments: