Wednesday, August 10, 2011

God's planning

I read the other day that the first 150-year-old person probably already has been born. I know that I have a 101-year-old in one of my churches and a 94-year-old in the other. I also know that both are in pain and the drugs we have today cost so much that the 150-year-old plan had better include more effective back procedures in it.

Imagine what the world would be like if our life expectancy grows beyond 100. These two women above have seen two world wars, two or three conflicts, the great depression, the great recession. They have great-great-great grandchildren. They have lived so long they remember when calling on the phone included a party line.

Life is a real interesting conversation. There is a man who lived across the street who has been paralyzed after a stroke for six years. Six. Years. He's having another of those maybe this is it moments right now as I write this and his daughter is in again. She's come three times in the past year.

All this makes you wonder what God has on his mind sometimes. It really does. Two women live seemingly forever, babies die in car wrecks and stroke victims go on and on and on. There is really no rhyme nor reason, it seems. I know God has a plan; I believe God has a plan; I sure as heck hope God has a plan.

No comments: