Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Plan your work, work your plan

1 Peter 5: 6 - "Therefore, humble yourselves under God's power so that he may raise you up in the last day. Throw all your anxiety onto him, because he cares about you. Be clearheaded: Keep alert."

Let's check out plan:
1) Be humble
2) Release of anxiety
3) Be clearheaded
4) Keep alert

Let's see how we're doing:
1) On occasion
2) seldom
3) depends on how much caffeine
4) usually.

What about you? Do you have a plan, and do you work the plan? Do you care about how each day goes or do you simply exist, rising early, going to bed late, and Monday is about the same as is Friday and don't even mention the playing that goes on Saturday, and the sleeping in that comes into play on Sunday.

Is that life? Is it truly life if one doesn't understand or recognize the shed blood that went into us having life, true life, meaningful life?

I suggest that it's not. I suggest that it's all because of Jesus that I'm alive. I believe that to be true, and I believe it is my job, my profession certainly, but more than that it is my life to tell others about what that might mean to them. I've learned that one can love Jesus and do it differently that do I. But that's okay.

Peter believe the devil was roaming the land, figuratively certainly and quite possibly literally, and that ol' liar was aimed at taking our focus, causing us ego problems, smashing through out defenses, making us anxious all the time. I pray most of the time that he be kept away, from me, from my family. But when I give up to anxiousness, I'm giving up to him. When I'm ego-filled, I'm turning it over to him. When I have no morning plan, and no plan for scripture reading, and no plan for prayer, I'm wasting it all.

So, what's your plan?

No comments: