Monday, August 12, 2013

A week of praise

Singer-songwriter Chris Tomlin said it this way:
There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing


The prophet Isaiah said it this way:

How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of the messenger bringing good news,
Breaking the news that all’s well,
proclaiming good times, announcing salvation,
telling Zion, “Your God reigns!”
Voices! Listen! Your scouts are shouting, thunderclap shouts,
shouting in joyful unison.
They see with their own eyes
God coming back to Zion.
Break into song! Boom it out, ruins of Jerusalem:
God has comforted his people!
He’s redeemed Jerusalem!”
God has rolled up his sleeves.
All the nations can see his holy, muscled arm.
Everyone, from one end of the earth to the other,
sees him at work, doing his salvation work.

This morning, a Monday during the hottest of hot days of summer, how do you say it?

How can you keep from singing? What has God done for you?
How beautiful are the feet of the messenger in your life that is bringing the good news of Jesus.

For the next week, I'm going to concentrate on praise, telling tales of praise, capturing ideas of praise from scripture. If for any reason you've been on the lowly side, this week, prayerfully, hopefully, will lift you.

Here's how a kid named Bella said it:

All my life I have WANTED to let God into my heart, yet it has always been so hard, and it’s often that I lay in my bed panicking that maybe God isn’t real? What if I can never truly believe in him then when I die I go to hell? I would say I believe in Jesus, but it never really clicked.
One day I was on the computer playing my favorite game. I was listening to some Christian songs too—Silent Night, Mary Did You Know, etc. I was in the middle of listening to Angels We Have Heard On High when suddenly I really wanted to write a letter to Jesus Christ. Towards the end of the letter, I decided to say it again.
I believe in you.
But this time, for just a second, my heart felt odd. I started to tear up and cry. I was sitting there writing, “I love you Jesus. I love you Jesus and I will always love you.” Then when I was done I signed my name and put it in my bedroom. I will always read that letter if I start to feel weak, or my connection with God is starting to feel lost.
I love Jesus Christ. Sometimes I still question myself , but I think back to that letter and feel stronger.

Praising Him is about intent, not circumstances; it is about will, not happiness. David said it this way: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

Praise Him, this week. While the doctor's tests are still out there waiting for you, praise Him. While the finances go in the tank, praise Him. When joy doesn't come in the morning, praise Him.

How indeed can we keep from singing?
 

No comments: