Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Weighting again

Hear from the Word:

"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

I'm going to talk about the weight this morning, which is how I see the wait. Waiting for me is like bricks in a bag on my shoulders. So, it's more weighting than waiting.

There is a considerable bit of weighting for the Lord in the Psalms.

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."

That kind of thing. Just lay the requests before him and wait, till the weight is overbearing. Oh, that's mine, not David's.

Look, In theory I get this. In theory, I understand. In theory, I say I will do this. In theory. 

But the weight gets harder, heavier, more burdening. As time passes, I get less understand and less calm and less peaceful.

Waiting for one of the more important calls of my life, if I ever had important calls in my life (just saying), is more weighting by far.

But David says, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him ... "

So, I weight. 

Lord, hear my requests. Lord, make your face to shine upon me. Lord, keep me still before you as I weight patiently.

Er, wait. It's wait. Waiting, I sit here. Waiting. Peace be with me, and you, of course.

1 comment:

kevin h said...

Praying with you and for you, Billy.