Monday, June 1, 2015

God is good, even on a Monday

Oh, it's a Monday. Can you feel it all the way from toes to, to, er the top of my, er, well, the top of ....? The top of my hopes.

In Ezekiel's text, God speaks to his people: "'Human one, when the house of Israel lived on their fertile land, they polluted it with their ways and deeds."

The Bible says of them, "So I had compassion on my holy name, which the house of Israel degraded."

The Lord had compassion, the Lord had compassion, the Lord had compassion. Get the drift of all the compassion.

Oh, wow. The people of Israel did things, the Lord had compassion. Done and done.  The Lord forgave.

"I'm not acting for your sake but for the sake of my holy name, which you degraded among the nations where you have gone." That's  the pattern, that's the way it worked.

The Lord says, "I will cleanse you of all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you. I will remove your stony heart from your body and replace it with a living one, and I will give you my spirit so that you may walk according to my regulations and carefully observe my case laws."

And the most wonderful of sentences follow: "Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors, you will be my people, and I will be your God," God said.

Look at your life, at the context of your life, at its meaning. I think you will find, somewhere out there, that God is in control. Am I wrong? God creates, then steps to the side (not out of the picture entirely) and lets 'er rip.

"The Lord God proclaims, 'I will also allow the house of Israel to ask me to do this for them: that I increase them like I increase them like a human flock. Like the holy flock, like the flock of Jerusalem at its festivals, the ruined cities will be filled with a human flock. Then they will know that I am the Lord."

The flock will filled the ruined cities, the gatherings of humans will grow, the future will be bright. Why? Because God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

Oh, it's a Monday. Can you feel it all the way from toes to, to, er the top of my, er, well, the top of ....? The top of my hopes.

God loves. God helps. God changes, and boosts, and brings back from the dead. Even on a Monday. It's a fine day,

No comments: