Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Mystery begins

And now the mystery...

I awoke this morning, a cool November day, before the sun came roaring up the sky in old Lacombe. I awoke this morning a new creature, as Paul said, having died to a career and headed off into what God so wonderfully decided was my calling.

From the Mesage and the prophet Micah: I'm sitting in the dark right now, but God is my light. I can take God's punishing rage. I deserve it -- I sinner. But it's not forever. he's on my side and is going to get me out of this. He'll turn on the lights and show me his ways. I'll see the whole picture and how right he is. And my enemy will see it, too, and be discredited -- yes, disgraced! This enemy who kept taunting me, "So where is this God of yours" I'm going to see it with these, my own eyes -- my enemy disgraced, trash in the gutter.

It is one thing to talk about trusting God, and quite another to actually do it. I know. I've preached trust for 10 years. I'm living trust, actually getting out there and doing it, only truly for the first time. There always was a safety net. There is little cords to catch me now.

I trust you, God, in all things. I flee from my cave of indecisions. I leave my land of career. I set out from Haran to Canaan with you as my only walking stick, you as my only guide.

From whenceforth comes my strength. I look to the hills (and the district superintendent and the Bishop).

Shalom

No comments: