Thursday, November 10, 2011

Get wisdom and insight ...

In the fourth chapter of Proverbs, we read this: "My children, listen to what your father teaches you. Pay attention and you will have understanding. What I am teaching you is good, so remember it all. When I was only a little boy, my parents' only son, my father would teach me. He would say, "Remember what I say and never forget it. Do as I tell you, and you will live. Get wisdom and insight! Do not forget or ignore what I say. do no abandon wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will keep you safe."

Wisdom is a vital portion of our walk. She walks daily with us, even as peanut butter walks alongside a generous helping of jelly with us.Wisdom is a companion, a daily part of our trusting walk with God himself. Heck, don't ask me, ask Wisdom herself, and you will see that Wisdom has grand plans. Watch and see. With God Himself, Wisdom is the teacher

The scriptures themselves teach us: "Do as I tell you," the scriptures read. The scriptures are companions that make the journey with us. We are to pack them, prod them, pull and push them. Our father is to teach us using them. With the scriptures themselves as guide and as master, we will go forward. That's who and what wisdom is ...

No comments: