Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Faithfulness is a two-way street

Did you see that report about them adding a second to the global clock Saturday night? My question is does that mean we get a second longer to sleep?

As my normal readers (who are my normal readers?) know, we moved last week. Despite having movers, I've hurt myself or at least my back is acknowledging I can't do what I want to do. I'm in more pain than the normal pain, I don't want to get up in the morning despite the pain, and I don't want to do much once I'm up. The creativity of these things has waned as my normal readers can attest.

It's Tuesday, the day before the 4th of July, and I've got to get moving. I'm assuming that some of my normal readers (oh, you know what I mean) have felt this way.

I feel, well, old. Not invigorated by the move, as some said I would be. Not inspired. Not motivated. Old. Old as the town I've moved to looks in many areas.

I looked for some inspiration in my book of inspiration and found this nugget:


3 This is what the Lord says: “I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the Faithful City, and the mountain of the Lord Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain.

4 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Once again men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each of them with cane in hand because of their age. 5 The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there.

I take from that, from the prophet Zechariah's writings about the return to Jerusalem, that God's promises of faithfulness to us remain through the deep aches and the tremendous pains. We have to simply try to be as faithful as He is.

It's difficult. It really is. I know of some who are much more filled with pain and much more unable to move, but to compare pains is to compare blessings and that is a fool's gold. I'll merely try to be faithful to what He has given me, faithful to the trust He's shown me, faithful to the blessings. I know, I really know He will be faithful to me.

No comments: