Friday, December 27, 2013

Nutribulleting for Christ

The smell of bacon floated on the air of the parsonage this morning like gold at the end of a difficult rainbow.

I, on the other hand, was drinking a shake, a nutribullet shake, a shake made up of (I'm not kidding here) spinach, apple, blackberries, strawberries, Satsuma, pecans and water, oh and Greek yogurt. I just remembered I forgot the honey. In any case, I downed it with relish, though come to think of it some hot dog relish might have been pretty good in it, also. And for those Louisiana readers, make sure you read that as nutri-bullet, not nutria-bullet. Talk about one letter making a huge, huge difference in a word.

Our dear daughter Shanna gave us this wonderful gadget for Christmas, and we've plowed the field ahead, dumping something called Kale into the bottom of this concoction or something called chard or who the heck knows what next. The book that came with this gadget tells me that I can fight the oncoming (or too late for some things) joint pain, cancer, hemorrhoids, constipation, lack of sleep, hairlessness (okay, I made that one up) and such. So, we're shredding Kale. Yes, the Kale you say.

With the grand boys in the house, however, one must cook bacon, for their four food stuffs include bacon, bacon, bacon and something else.

I sat there pondering the news of the day, smelling bacon, drinking a green shake.

I was reminded of Paul writing this: "All things are lawful for me," but not all things are beneficial. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything.

The punctuation is Paul's by the way. No idea why all things are lawful takes quotes but the rest does not, but I digress.

Here's what I see from this. We, as Christians, are called to make a difference. If we're dropping dead because of _____________ how can we be making a difference?

Now, that doesn't mean I'm nutribulleting for Christ. It simply means since the body has all but quit, I should be worrying about keeping it in shape.

Besides, I watched Rocky Balboa last night. There's still fire in the furnace.

And a bit of apple debris.

No comments: