Thursday, September 3, 2015

Finding the saddle to get back into

You might say I've had a lot of time to think things through, though thinking has been quite the problem.

In the past week, my body basically said, "we're done here."

Pneumonia, fever, problems with physical pain where I had collapsed and injured my knee. Then I just shut down.

Oh, and I tried to preach through it, like you know, suck it up and go forward. Didn't work. Turns out preaching needs oxygen to work. I was a sweating, voice-losing wreck. Lesson learned, I swear.

Here I am, writing for the first time in a week. Out of bed for the first time at this point of the day in four days, with Bible Studies and such cancelled all week long, I'm struggling to come to grips with what happened.

This is the fourth time in five years that I've gotten pneumonia, where I never got it in my life before, but this one was stranger as it just came on in a day.

The wonderful thing about this has been the incredible out-pouring of love and prayers and best wishes and such during this period. It, they, have kept me going when stopping would have been easier.

I feel fine now, though I wouldn't say I'm ready to go out and build a barn or anything. But I'll be back very soon. Stamina is the main issue. I have none.

Keep reading. It will get better.

No comments: