Thursday, September 17, 2015

Off to see the wizard

Today is what is known as the end of time. No, Trump didn't make sense. Today I'm going, as part of my back and knees treatment, to a sports clinic. There is some sort of plan in place for me that will include strengthening my core.

I thought cores were found in apples and such. But I digress.

I'm more alarmed about this than any of the many, many back procedures, spinal blocks, radiofrenquencies and such I've had for more than seven years.

What if they, ahem, tell me to exercise? What next? That's the end of time thing I'm talking about.

Mary bought me a bike for Christmas. So, indeed I own one. I rode it once since we've moved to this wonderful town of Coushatta. I figure once was quite enough.

Look, I get up during TV shows and televised ball games to get things out of the refrigerator and/or go to the bathroom. What do they people want of me?

So, fear has gripped me like a center fielder catching a ball.

When that happens, I go to the place that removes the fears.

Jesus said this once (and boy I would love to argue with him about this):

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? ..."

Yeah, but...

They weren't working on those darn birds cores, nor calling them obese, nor walking about arthritis in knees or, or, or.

So, time is running out. I have to go. I must go be evaluated, which they say might take up to an hour and a half. I guess it will take that much time to get around my waist with a core measuring device or something.

I used to be an athlete. I really did. I don't remember when that was, but I know it's true. My core tells me so.


1 comment:

kevin h said...

That made me laugh.... Until I realized I should go and do likewise (and I have never been an athlete.) God bless you and your core.