Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sustaining us till we're gray

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4 NIV

Love so amazing.
Love so unconditional.
Love so wonderful.
Love so, Divine

What a thought. What a concept. God, who made me, created me, allowed me into existence, will sustain me, rescue me, be with me.

Oh, I know this was said to a nation.
But it carries weight unto the individual, too.
And I am the most individual of beings.

Love so amazing.
Love so unconditional.
Love so wonderful.
Love so, Divine

There are times when we get to wondering if we are not the most lonely of creatures, when we've made a grievous mistake and can't find someone to talk to about it. But we are never alone. Never. That's the great part and the scary part rolled into one. He's with us. Which means, He's with us.

He will sustain us. He will carry us. He will be WITH us.

Love so amazing.
Love so unconditional.
Love so wonderful.
Love so, Divine

I'm interested in this word sustain. When I was at a church plant a year back, the conference pulled the plug because they said they didn't think the project was sustainable.  In other words, the money wasn't flowing in as fast as it was flowing out.

But in looking up this word sustain (which I had to do, which tells you all you need to know about me if you do not know me), it means "to strengthen or support physically or mentally." It means to comfort or help or assist or encourage or succor or support or carry or cheer up or hearten or buck up.

And this is what God has promised.

See if that blows your mind. He promises to strengthen or support or comfort or help or assist or encourage or succor or support or carry or cheer up or hearten or buck up. That's the God who walks with us till we have gray hairs and have reached old age and beyond.

Love so amazing.
Love so unconditional.
Love so wonderful.
Love so, Divine

There is truly no one like our God. He doesn't ask for much. He just wants, well, us. He just wants us to walk with Him as He walks with us.

That's the plan, Stan. And it is indeed sustainable because He sustains.

Love so amazing.
Love so unconditional.
Love so wonderful.
Love so, Divine

No comments: