Monday, January 4, 2016

Uh, oh

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

I wonder this morning as I look at the devotion of the day if I have ever figured this out in my life. I suspect I have not.

God has show us what is good, and his requirements, which I have labeled as too difficult to do, are as simple as morning rain. 

Act justly.

Love mercy.

Walk humbly.

There's no point in there where he says I must fly, or I must heal millions, or I must be more than I can possibly be. Ever

Nah. What it says is I must act with justice. 

It says I must love mercy.

It says I must walk humbly.

Tell me what that means to you, and I'll tell you how you're doing. Let me tell you what that means to me, by my actions.

How will they know we are Christians? By our actions, by what we've done, not by what we've said.

That being the case, we must examine our lives to see where we fall in that incredibly simply and wonderfully complex command.

No comments: