Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's not easy

Busy-ness is upon me. I'm beset by things I have to get done. I'm struggling and it seems as if God has taken back his guarantee that he will never put too much upon me, or at least not more than I can take. We strongly disagree over how much I can take, at best.

This is life as we know it, a whirlwind that we ride till we drop off at some destination we call peace. I'm awaiting my time at the door of the bus to find that place.

My future is up in the air, my present is swirling because of it and I'm reaching out to a God who is so awesome we can't see Him without getting a bright tan on our face or be struck down in awesome terror.

It's not easy. It's just not. Anyone who says the Christian life is one of sitting by the stream and watching the water rush by is, to coin a phrase I use a lot, nuts.

It's not easy. We toil and we churn and sometimes we get to where God says, I'll take it form here. But the bottom line is this: God, scripture tells us, gives us a peace that surpasses all understanding.

What that tells me is this: I can't explain it when it comes, I can't call it as if it were a pet, I can't do it as if it were a task.

Jesus says to all of us to simply be still and know he is God.

That's the best I can do, even on these days when it seems the armor of the enemy is increasingly strong.

No comments: