Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our invitation

I was once famously asked about these titterings, "what happens when you run out of things to write about?"

That was about 10 years ago, and so far, for reasons I'm not sure, I haven't stopped. The blogosphere only heightens my ability to reach out.

But there are so many thigns I could write about. Health Care? Sure, why not, except I have no idea what it means or means to most of us.

American Idol? Sure, except I've never watched it.

Lost? Watch it every week. Haven't the foggiest what is going on but it's my favorite television show. I guess that says a lot about me.

New policies about discharging gay persons from the military? Nah. I don't want to go there.

So what is there to talk about today? How about what there is to talk about every day?

Has anyone out there invited a person to church this week? Has anyone out there got plans to invite someone to church for Easter? If not, why not?

are you inviting people to church this Easter season? Do you have a plan of action? Let’s get people Back to Church!

Look at Easter as a connection point between your community and Jesus and your church. When we bring people into the church on Easter we want them to meet Jesus, to begin and grow in a relationship with Him, as well as, help them get to know our church and to enter into a continuing relationship with the church community.

When an unchurched person thinks about attending church they don’t grab the phone book anymore, they go online to research churches. How is your church’s web presence?

If there is anyone who doesn't understand the importance of invitation, let me speak it loudly and clearly: Inviting someone to church is the No. 1 tool of evangelism. Let's make it happen sometime in the next seven days.

We want to make disciples because Jesus told us to. We want to change lives, reach the lost, do all those things that need to be done. Not so we can have better numbers in church, but so that we can help those who do not have HAVE.

Jesus is the answer. I believe it with all my heart. The question? Everything.

No comments: