Monday, July 12, 2010

Morning isn't broken, it's freshly baked

Yesterday, Sunday, was a long, long day. I left the parsonage at about 6:45 a.m., heading to Fitzgerald UMC to cut on power and air and projector and finally putting my head on a pillow at about 10:30 p.m.

In between, there was a trip to Pensacola, a ride across town to see two of Mary's sisters and a long, long day of tussling with first Gabe, then Gavin, then Gavin, then Gabe and on and on and on.

But we're here, so, let the fun begin.

It's going to be a warm day, but there is a breeze this morning and a bird is singing Shout To the Lord in the distance. So the day is off to a grand beginning.

The Bible says of the morning, "Let all that I am praise the Lord. I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath."

Doesn't that lift you up this morning? To know that God is out there, watching waiting for me to make that sort of commitment raises the corners of my lips into a semi-permanent smile.

"Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion," the Psalmist wrote in Psalm 125. That's a certainty that one cant pack up and take to the bank. As secure as that big ol' mountain, that's the Lord's promises.

So this morning, as we wipe the sleepy out of our eyes, let us remember that the security and joy that comes with each new morning is freshly baked again this particular morning.

"yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us. What joy!"

No comments: