Friday, July 2, 2010

None too little

What have you taken care of today for the Lord?

Anything at all? Something large? Something small?

I read a scripture today that absolutely floored me. It said, "Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won’t be faithful in large ones. If you cheat even a little, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. Luke 16:10 (NLT)

I was convicted immediately. I've been so longing for God to give me something big to do that I walked right past all the little things He gives me.

The question then becomes, "Lord, what can I do?"

And mean it.

Ask yourself again, what have you done for the Lord today? What little task presented itself that you thought was too little for your time? Maybe someone needed a ride. Maybe someone needed a call. Maybe somebody just needed a couple minutes of your prayer life.

All of us need to simply concentrate on the tasks God gives us and let Him decide what is large and what is small.

No comments: