Friday, May 27, 2011

Rest, in peace

Have you ever seen one of those commercials where someone does something incredibly stupid and the voice-over says, "Ever just wanted to get away?"

I've got a feeling you've had that feeling even if you haven't seen the commercial.

The feeling of being somewhere you should be. The feeling of being too caught up in stuff. The feeling of being too tired, too wired, too busy, too useless, or just TOO TOO.

Jesus got those feelings. Really. He did. And when he did, he didn't wish for teleportation. He simply walked up a hill and got alone with his Father.

I've got that feeling right now. I need to be slowed. I need to be with my Father, and my Father seems far away.

I have it in my capability to change things. The notion of walking away from whatever is making me stressed is certainly a do-able option.

Jesus called this a peace that the world can not give.

Today, take 15 minutes and feel the peace that Jesus gives. The Apostle Paul said it was a peace that surpasses understanding. The world will search for that explanation. Jesus said he was the way.

Rest in peace doesn't have to mean death. It can mean abundant living.

No comments: