Thursday, July 28, 2011

Long living

With doctors all over ganging up on me about exercising, I went to the stationary bike and rode 20 minutes today. My legs feel like warm jello. My torso simply feels warm, all over, and tingly at that. It's all about living longer, I'm told. My heart doctor wants me to drink less liquids so that I can control my blood pressure through less fluids. Something about air in the tire and something or other that I stopped listening to about three minutes in. My primary doctor said I should be drinking more liquids.  I give.

So I rode like Lance Armstrong, or is it Stretch Armstrong, this morning, with sweat pouring out of me like I was on a fluid pill or something.

I read the other day that the first 150-year-old person has already been born. That someone who is an infant today will live that long. My only advice is get a job that allows you to work at 125 my friend.

The Bible talks of a tree in a garden, actually a couple of trees. One of them, the tree of knowledge of good and evil (interestingly enough when there was no evil in the garden of perfection), was a problem to man apparently. Adam and Eve took a snack from it. The other was the tree of life. The Bible says of it:  "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

I love life. I'm happy with mine. But forever? On a bike?

I'll take forever with Jesus instead, in a resurrection body. Seems much less painful.

No comments: