Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm flying...

So, I had the dream again last night. Oh, it's not exactly the same. Never is. But there's always one element that doesn't change. I fly in those dreams. When I was young, I flew on objects. A tire once was the flying mechanism. Some kind of can another time. Last night, I flew in a gym and in a very, very large church sanctuary. I flew in my old high school gym where my best friend from the age of 10 to say, 30, had taken the head basketball coaching job. I flew in a former church.

I was a flying fool, in short.

I've never done this before, but this morning I looked up what flying dreams mean, according to someone who spends times on dreams.

At realmeaningofdreams.com (of course it is), I read that flying dreams are often unpleasant. Mine have never been. I always fly. I always stay way above ground. I am not, as I am in reality, scared of heights. According to dreammoods.com, "Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams known as lucid dreams. Lucid dreams occur when you become aware that you are dreaming. Many dreamers describe the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience. If you are flying with ease and are enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation."

At a final website, I read, "Generally speaking though, when we dream of flying it represents our spirit being freed from limitations and boundaries. It can also mean that our mind is trying to reach new heights or it is searching for something, possibly a new challenge.When we dream of flying it could be during a time when we are given the opportunity to advance or when we feel more optimistic that change is about to occur. Yet, there are other suggested reasons as to why we dream of flying such as:
The act of flying serves as a way to rise above the mundane aspects of our lives. By rising above, we may be able to achieve a better view of our lives as a whole."

Okay. My mind is trying to reach new heights or is searching for something. Or...Or...Or...

I don't know. My research has made me sleepy.

But this I know from reading scripture: God spoke through dreams when God chose to. I do know have the slightest idea if God is speaking to me now through dreams or has ever chosen to. I don't know a thing about lucid dreaming because I've never reached a stage where I knew I was dreaming that I know about. Flying or otherwise.

I only know this: I sure like 'em when I have 'em. It's the only time I like to fly, and I'm darn good at it in my dreams.

No comments: