Monday, September 12, 2011

What a day He has made for you

Today is a special day. Can't you just feel it? It's special. It's a little some...thing we at Fitzgerald UMC like to call, (wait for it) a DAY THAT GOD MADE. Someone told me you should rejoice and be glad in it. Can't wait to do that. In fact, I'll do it now. I'm waiting for the rest of you. Go to the church of your choosing and rejoice. If you're reading this, there's a chance you might be breathing. Be glad in it.
The Apostle Paul's smiles were taken to Athens when he made these remarks:  "Men of Athens, I notice that you are very religious in every way,23 for as I was walking along I saw your many shrines. And one of your altars had this inscription on it: 'To an Unknown God.' This God, whom you worship without knowing, is the one I'm telling you about.  24 "He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn't live in man-made temples,25 and human hands can't serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.26 From one man* he created all the nations throughout the whole earth. He decided beforehand when they should rise and fall, and he determined their boundaries."

There lies the darkness,  so beautiful and challenging. We slap together an itinerary and somehow the importance of God crawls under, then through, then out the top for all to see. But God is there, making a day that He has made out there to make something beautiful. So I wait impatiently for God's plans and my own plans to meet at the corner, and when they do, my goodness is it a special, beautiful, challenging day that He has made. What a day He Has Made.

No comments: