Friday, October 28, 2011

Tebowing it is

Ah, what will we do next?

Today I come to discuss the new phenom known as Tebowing. I suspect many of my readers are quite oblivious to this new thing. It began because the quarterback for the Denver Broncos, one Tim Tebow, is a Christian in word and deed. He bows to pray after touchdowns and after wins and I suspect we'll find after losses.

Let me explain. In a story on Yahoo.com, it reads:
What does it mean? To Tebow is "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different." That's according to Tebowing.com, your new Internet home for Tebowing. It's something that people do, like planking and owling before it, for no reason other than to take pictures of it and put those pictures on the Internet. Tebowing.com currently has seven pages full of Tebowing pictures.

So, hundreds, maybe thousands are getting "down on a knee and (starting to) pray." I can't imagine how this could be a bad thing, but I'm sure eventually it will be.

Oh but they knew that Tebow means it, that he's really giving thanks to his Lord and Savior, one Jesus Christ.

No comments: