Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Revel-ation

I called up the reading from one of the devotionals I ponder from time to time, and I read this: "Thank God! Call out his Name! Tell the whole world who he is and what he's done! Sing to him! Play songs for him! Broadcast all his wonders! Revel in his holy Name, God-seekers, be jubilant! Study God and his strength, seek his presence day and night; Remember all the wonders he performed, the miracles and judgments that came out of his mouth."

Now, that was written (spoken?) to the Israelites in 1 Chronicles. But goodness, doesn't that speak wonders to those like, uh, me?

This morning as we ponder another day, let's be about remembering how we all got to this point where this thing is read.

Sometimes in our lives, we've suffered.
Sometimes in our lives, we've been kinda, sorta happy.
Right now, we might be hurting, or full of joy, or somewhere in between.

That's life, to coin a phrase.

But through it all, despite it all, within it all, there's this notion that we can call on him, talk about him, sing to him, play songs for him, or my favorite, REVEL in his holy name.

Man, I love that thought.

I can revel, which by the way is a short, short way of talking about revel-ation.

Today I'm not going to look at all the ways this country is running away from God. Today I'm not going to look at how much or how little this family has. Today I'm not going to think about back pain or front pain or pneumonia or COPD or whatever the next thing might be.

Today I'm going to look the Him, revel in Him, thank Him.

And I believe things are going to be, well, Godly.

He said to come to him when we were weary and he would give us rest, and that's a wonderful thought. But I think it actually gets better than that.

It gets not just restful, but it gets revel-ful.

And that's something I can get behind.

No comments: