Thursday, October 23, 2014

Enduring

A wise woman told me this morning in my fears and such to go to Paul's writings and read:

I did ...

"I'm not saying this because I need anything, for I have learned how to be content in any circumstance. I know the experience of being in need and of having more than enough; I have learned the secret to being content in any and every circumstance, whether full or hungry or whether having plenty of being poor. I can endure all these things through the power of the one who gives me strength."

Unpack that and you find a guy who didn't worry about what tomorrow will bring.
You find a guy who didn't have fear about what the ministry was doing or how it was growing or how it was spending or how it was failing.

He learned, and I assume it was a learned trait, to exist with little and to exist with a lot. In all his travels, he didn't worry about where his next meal was coming from or how to pay for the next car or what retirement was going to be or whatever.

He didn't worry.
He didn't fret.

He simply existed and went about his business. For all was Jesus to him. All. Every bit and every day.

That was who he was more than what he did, even.

That's who I so wished I was. That's who I so wished I could become.

He believed he could endure whippings and such because he could endure whatever was going to come because he received his strength and his courage and his vision from Jesus.

That's who I so wished I was. That's who I so wished I could become.

No comments: