Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Like a deer

In times of sorrow, praise Him.
In times of glory, praise Him.
In times of .......... praise Him.

David described it this way: "Just like a deer that craves streams of water, my whole being craves you, God. My whole being thirsts for God, for the living God. When will I come and see God's face?"

He added, "Deep called to deep at the noise of your waterfalls; all your massive waves surged over me. By day the Lord commands his faithful love; by night is song is with me -- a prayer to the God of my life."

Deep called to deep, I ponder. I wonder at the noise of waterfalls, at the massive waves of Hawaii and the deserts of Palestine. He created it all. He listens. He speaks.

I see the light where there was darkness.

I triumph over darkness because love trumps over hate and anger and mistake.

I triumph because God has called me to the position I am in, whatever position that might be. I triumph because God is good, all the time.

I need the Lord because I am incapable of being without him. He is what I need, what I want, what I must have. Like a deer searching so hard for a stream of water to drink from, so I seek him.

This morning I'm tired, a little put off, a little sad, all those things. I don't know what is next, if I ever did, but I know Him, and this morning I praise Him for being God, a God who loves, who notices, who loves through all choices that are less than good.

My whole being thirsts for God. When will I come and see God's face/

No comments: