Monday, October 6, 2014

Why?

Let's explore some background this morning. I want you to put your thinking caps on. Perhaps you might even respond to the question being posed.

Why Christianity?

Why does church matter?

Why does God matter today in a culture that is very much anti-religion, if not ant-God?

Why Christianity and not a thousand other religions?

And if Christianity, why whatever denomination, faith, brand do you choose?

I could answer all those things for you, but I can't answer all those things for you. In other words, I have my answers, but not yours. God is good about leaving it that way. He basically says, I am here for you, I will do wonders for you, but what I won't do is tell you -- make you -- believe.

God's grace is there for all. His forgiveness is beyond measure. But He will not make you believe anything whatsoever. Ever. Never. He gives us the information, He gives us the measure of the heart, and He gives you the still small voice that speaks to each of us before we even know it.

But He will not make you believe.

The answers to the questions then, are on us.

Each day this week we're going to explore one of those questions. As we go through here, I will answer each of the questions for myself.

But I want you, if there is a you out there, to answer me first.

This is your chance. Your choice. Your opportunity.

Have at it.

No comments: