Thursday, December 24, 2015

Peace, love and faith

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

I've always thought of myself as a shepherd, without the sheep I reckon. Oh, I'm not talking about the actual shepherding. I'm talking about being one of the lowly that God has sent a message through. I can say that not because I'm particularly humble but because I reckon that the message is the same for many: Jesus came to seek the least and the lost.

Each and everyone of us can say that, even live that, as we are the worst of the least and the most of the lost.

This day, this Christmas Eve, my 62nd, I have a few things I wished for, and it would take far more than Santa to make these things happen.

I wish for peace for the world. Just a day, really. Just a moment where we're not trying to take each other out.

I wish for love, for each other as different as we are.

I wish for faith, that those who don't know what Jesus is about come to a conclusion that directs them toward him. In other words, let us be Jesus to the many.

There. That's it. That's the load.

I've lived through the age of black and white TV, through color, through portable typewriters, through early computers, through the beginning of the Net, through tablets. Everything that can be bought and sold, I've lived through them.

And the best of it all is peace, love and faith.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, and may your day be lit by the light of Christ.

1 comment:

Meme Gay said...

Family and health is nice also