Friday, February 12, 2010

Joy comes in the song

Bring a gift of laughter; sing yourselves into his presence....
For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.

This morning it didn't snow, though parts of us wanted a blizzard. It is, uh, what it is. It's cold, rainy and all those things we don't enjoy.

But it's time to sing, for it's a day closer to being with God, a day closer to the joy that would bring. For God is sheer beauty.

Love that exists is love that should be shared. To keep the love that God gives us is to extinguish it. I've been given so much love by a God who is all-generous that sometimes when I forget to sing to him, it is so sad that it makes me sad.

I spend too much time in that arena, by the way, the arena of sadness. Half-filled is far better than half-empty. But I am what I am, my dear Mary says. I want to be more.

So the answer lies there in that first sentence. I must sing myself into his presence.

Sing when I am down,
sing when I am up,
sing when I can't,
sing when I can,
Sing when change comes that I want,
Sing when change comes that I don't,
sing for the good,
sing for the bad.

Sing, sing, sing to the Lord. Sing praise for all He gives and even, though this is the absolute worst, sing for the bad.

Sing till he is with us.

The Bible says: Enter with the password, "Thank you." Make yourself at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship him.

Thank You, my dear, living God. Without you I would be nothing, existence would be awful and I would have no future. With you, I have a chance to be all those things.

I can make my destiny with Christ as my captain.

Let is be so. I sing. I sing.

No comments: