Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We lived through it

Okay. We did it. It's done. Let's move on.

The Saints victory parade reminded me of all the reasons I don't do Mardi Gras, the reasons I don't like crowds, the reason I don't like parades, the reasons I don't like, well, some people.

We experienced hours and hours of frustration so that we could, what, see men on a float go by in five minutes time?

Clearly what was proven here was I can be a complete pain and I am an idiot. To see these people I've seen in the lockerroom and interviewed up close and personal, I weathered folks simply ignoring the fact we had gone early and set up our "camp" over and over.

We wound up in a scrum for two hours trying to get back across the river. It was painful, frustrating, and misearable.

But, it's over. Done. Been there. Never going to do it again.

For a month I've saved every newspaper, bought shirt after shirt, hat upon hat, memory upon memory. I've built the Saints into a willing idol and they're simply not worth that. They will not rebuild the city. They in fact will go their separate ways come today.

We should, as well.

It's fair time to move on. To pick up where sensibility left off and find our way back into work, play, church, things.

It's hard. It's like, where is the next game to win? But it is what it is. (I can't speak but in Sean Paytonisms).

We've told the NFL we're not the laughing stock we were. But now, let us find ways to make that so.

We had a parade. Let's move on.

No comments: