Thursday, February 18, 2010

Your to do list today

Where do I go today? What do I do?

Aren't those questions somewhere in there each morning? Oh, jobs and school and I don't know, household duties. But isn't there more? Doesn't there have to be somehow?

Solomon sat down one morning and pondered that thought, or thoughts like those. What does a king who has everything do, actually do, each day?

He writes these thoughts down:

My heart overflows with a beautiful thought! I will recite a lovely poem to the king, for my tongue is like the pen of a skillful poet.

You are the most handsome of all. Gracious words stream from your lips. God himself has blessed you forever.

He completes the thought this way: I will bring honor to your name in every generation. Therefore the nations will praise you forever and ever.

I'm one of the fortunate today. I have no pressing matters. I will write some thoughts that might or might not be beautiful, I will pack up the trailer and we will go to see my son sing some of his music tonight in Jackson. I will live today unless I don't.

Sometimes we make this all too much. We wonder deep thoughts and we try to make tose thoughts reality. We try to be when we should simply let God be.

This day, allow your beautiful thoughts to overflow your hearts. That, this day, is enough.

No comments: