Monday, May 10, 2010

The bigness of God

Every been so tired of, well, being tired that it's actually hard to go on?

David, before and after he became king of Israel, felt that way. There were times he simply wanted to give up; times he wanted to find another way. But never did he give up on the one constant in his life, his God.

Listen and learn:

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.

10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.

11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced


Saturday was my time. I was so tired and so weary and so worn that I went to bed at 7 p.m. Just too much lifting, too much trying, too much doing, too much worrying, too much, too much.

But God lifted me up enough to enjoy Sunday. God preached through me. God used me, again.

I love the line: my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Is that where you are today? As you read this are you in a dry and weary land where there is no water? Are you living a lie? Are you living a life you simply don't want or can't do any longer? There truly is only one solution. It's not a divorce, or a job-change or any of the things one thinks of first. It's a God change. Take a moment and simply ask God to change you, not thing around you, but you.

Then sincerely thank Him.

It's one. David knew that no matter how things looked, God was bigger.

No comments: