Thursday, August 26, 2010

Live a goal of love

1 Corinthians 14:1, says, "Let love be yur highest goal."

Uh, it's a goal?

When's the last time you got up in the morning and thought, "today I'm gonna love someone new?"

I hope it was today.

Love is something, Paul tells us, that is beyond even speaking in tongues or any of the Spirit gifts. Peter tells us love overpowers a ton of mistakes. Jesus said we are to love one another.

Second only to telling us to not be afraid, we're told in scripture to love.

And now we've read it's a goal.

I get up, make my toast, have my bananna, maybe a strip or two of turkey bacon crisp, my coffee with skinny latte cream and, uh, set out to meet by goal of loving.

Thankfully it gets easier. It gets easier to love. It really does. Why? Because the king of kings, Lord of Lords, the absolute Prince of Peace is living -- through His Spirit -- in us. So......we learn to love when we get out of the way.

Today I want you to understand this more than anything: Paul writes, "Three things last forever -- faith, hope, and love -- and the greatest of these is love."

That's my goal today. I love you.

No comments: