Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sacrifices

Today we go to the coast of Louisiana to talk to the person who are working to take the oil out of the waters of the Gulf and to the persons who no longer have quite the livelihood they did before the disaster that is the oil spill.

I pray I'm up to the task; I do not really know.

But I know that God has called, not necessarily me, but all of us to do what we can and what He wills.

Look into the Word.

In Hebrews God tells us: Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.

In Ephesians, God tells us: 1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

The message is clear to me...I must do what I can to help others as a living sacrifice to God himself, as a fragrant offering to God, as a sacrifice of praise.

That is why I've packed and loaded for the coast, not that I think I can make that big of a difference because frankly I'm not sure at all that I can and I sure have other things I can do here.

But if there is the slightest chance I can listen to one human talk through their trials and troubles and gain just a bit of a foothold in that mountain, off I go.

Can any of us do less?

No comments: