Thursday, August 5, 2010

So little

So very, very busy today.

As stuff starts to fall apart, I get busier, which isn't a recipe for peace.

Then as I prepare one of my two different sermons this week as I begin a third service, I read this: "And we ALL KNOW that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Ughh. My truck is having battery problems, my house didn't rent this week because they didn't like the dark colors and they said it smelled of pets, despite new paint and floor, I accidentally paid two car payments instead of one and we're running completely out of money.

But the scriptures tell me God will turn this to good. Somehow. Someway.

The Word also says, "Nothing will be able to separate you from the love of christ, including suffering, afflcition, tribulation, calamity, distress, persecution, hunger, poverty, peril or sword."

Nothing.

I long for the amount of trust that Paul had. I long for the peace that Jesus promised. Actually, I long for my house to rent or something because for the first time in my life, IN MY LIFE, I have nothing to fall back upon.

Lord help us all who have so little and want so much.

No comments: