Thursday, March 17, 2011

Heading to prison

This is an interesting phenomenon.

As I've grown tired of writing, and down because I can't make headway into readers of the blog world, my readers have gone away. I had six page bites yesterday. The fewest ever.

Makes me wonder what's going on.

In the next three days, I'll be at RCC, a correctional institute (prison) in Louisiana. I ask that the readers who are left pray that someone come to Christ during this period and that we are all safe. This is a wonderful, wonderful program, Kairos, and it needs your prayers, as do I.

I think the Devil is playing with me, and he knows how easily he can turn me. A few bad knocks and I'm down. This morning, for example, I arose early (since I can't sleep anymore because of back pain and now shoulder pain), and when I did, I couldn't lift my shoulder without intense pain. I've placed a heating pad on it and I'm ready for prison, though hefting boxes of cookies might be too much. We'll see.

Jesus said he came to set the prisoners free. I wonder, sincerely wonder, which of us will be the prisoner and who will be set free this weekend. There's a great, great chance that I will be encouraged and freed to write again come Monday morning. There's a chance I'm not.

It's difficult to be Jesus, I've discovered.

No comments: