Monday, April 11, 2011

Back from the dead

Ah, back on the horse that threw me, trampled me and dragged me for a couple miles.

Last week, about Tuesday I guess, I fell apart. It had been coming, apparently, but no one knew it. I had trouble with (in order as best i understand it), my blood sugar, my kidneys, my lungs, and all that led to me becoming delirious.

Though no one really knew it.

I carried on (though I didn't write last Tuesday or Wednesday for reasons I don't remember because I don't remember last Tuesday or Wednesday very much), even tried to teach a Bible Study on Wednesday night. But my body failed even as my mind did. I had spasms, slinging coffee everywhere, dropping cups, doing crazy physical stuff.

Then my mind went off the deep end.

Two days in ICU, two days in the regular part of the hospital, two days at home and I'm back almost conscious.

It was very scary, primarily because though I felt terrible, it was more about the fact that I was watching a very bad movie from the inside. I knew I was saying and seeing crazy things, but I thought others could, too.

Anyway, this is more about thanking everyone for their love, their prayers, their patience and most of all their understanding. I am nutty in general, but nothing compared to the recent lost week.

God is so good. If some folks who care, and my dear, dear wife Mary, hadn't MADE me go to the emergency room, I might be dead. My kidneys might have quit. I know I would have been senseless.

But here I am. Typing again (which was something that should have shown the beginning of the problem since I couldn't last Tuesday).

God bless you all. And if readers have wondered, there you are.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great to have you back, Billy. Time to walk away from the masses and into the hills for rest. Jesus did!