Friday, September 21, 2012

Come, Lord Jesus, Come

I've written this blog three times, losing two previous versions, like useless investments. I don't mind, strangely enough, but I do want to finish this one.

This morning, into the gray I wandered. It was foggy, gray as country creek silt, as I left to begin the Bible Study. I left the parsonage about 7:15 a.m., driving off with a remarkable Jesus riding with me. I parked a half-block or so from Cafe' Mosiac, Eunice's coffee house, and walked into the shoppe, making an order before wandering into the back portion of the shoppe.

The Bible study we had was wonderful, but nothing like the man Jesus who touched us this morning. I left Mosiac about 8:30 a.m., drove back to the church office, and finished my coffee before the sun drifted higher in the sky.

I worked on a capital campaige brochure, remembered this blog needed finishing and thought of the Sunday sermon that also needed finishing.

It has been a long week's final day, this Friday, and as I picked up a Bible from the desk, it drops open to the end of the book -- literally.

The words are these: "He who testifies to these things says, "yes. I am coming soon."

The red lettering ends.

The next words are not in red, nor are they in quotation marks. They say simply, Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of tdhe Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

And the Revelation ends.

Jesus touched us this morning. He will touch us again, soon, when he returns.

It is enough. He is enough. I've written it again, and again, and again ....
Come, Lord Jesus. Come.

No comments: