Monday, September 24, 2012

Powerless from where I sit

The Bible says, "Lord said to his people, "I scattered you in all directions. But now, you exiles, escape from Babylonia and return to Jerusalem. Anyone who strikes you strikes what is most precious to me."

The second portion is what is vital, I believe..."Be silent, everyone, in the presence of the Lord.. for he is coming from his holy dwelling place."

Seems conclusive to me. The minor prophet Zechariah is writing what he believes to be words of prophecy.

Look, none of us have the "proof" of anything, if we're truthful. We don't know what Thursday will bring, much less what six months from now will sing and shout to us. So, therefore, we don't want to upset the Lord our God. Do we?

Till then, we wait, and watch, and if possible, we will be silent and we will look into the eyes of the silent...

"Long ago I gave these commands to my people: 'You must see that justice is done; and must show kindness and mercy to one a other. Do no oppress widows, orphans, foreigners who live among you, or anyone else in need. And do not plan ways of harming one another."

That's the plan within a plan. Have you something better? I do not. I will see that justice is done. That's the plan: Trust him, watch those who live among us and do not plan ways of harming one another. I have no Lego's, no better ideas. So, I wait, for you. I'm not powerless but I can see powerless from up high.

Peace, brothers and sisters...

No comments: