Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crying out to the Lord

I feel an awful lot like what I perceive Lazarus to have felt. Back with a cold, back under the weather, back, back, back. But I've popped my head out of bed to do some work, including this epic.

I'm teaching three different Gospels these days at three churches, and truth is I love that. I love that people want to talk about the Gospel, and talk about what it means to them today.

I'm reminded of Nehemiah's writings about when Ezra read the law for the first time since they had returned from exile to Jerusalem.

The Word of God says, "Ezra opened the book. All the people could see him because he was standing above them; and as he opened it, the people all stood up. Ezra praise the Lord, the Great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded "Amen! Amen!" Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground."

Oh, what a worship service. Just hearing the Word read was enough to plant them on their faces.

Is that your prayer, reading, worshiping life? Does God still move you after all these years? Or is it only the ones, the newbies, among us who are moved to tears to hear from God?

If you're missing something in your relationship with the heavenly Father, there will never be a better time to bow down and worship. The Israelites confessed their sins, cried out to the Lord and read from the Book of Moses. What more can we do? What less can we do?

No comments: