Monday, June 6, 2011

The key

This morning on Shreveport local television, they showed a photo of a little girl who had been bitten in the face by a local pit bull in January.

It looked as if she was bitten in an almost perfect replicant of the injury our youngest who was bitten by a German Shepherd when she was six years of age.

Scary? Yeah. Both times were scary.I was almost scared into a coma by Carrie's injury.

I think I can speak for many parents when I say, "I would rather be hurt or even killed rather than have any of my children hurt of killed. I would take their places, willingly."

It is one thing, however, to sacrifice for ones we love. But what about sacrificing all for those we don't even know? Yeah, it's harder, maybe even impossible.

But that's exactly what God did for us through Jesus. He stepped up and took our sins on his back. He bled and died for us. He wound up sacrificing all, his life, his future, his moments of memories. All. For us.

Stop and think about it this morning, during the day, ripping away headlines during the evening. He sacrificed everything for people he didn't even know. What a way to give it all, friends. What a sacrifice. What a way to go out.

Love is truly the key.

No comments: