Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tebow 3:16

OOOOOHHHHHHUUUUUU

Did you notice this: Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos quarterback thought unable to pass the football,  had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game on Sunday night. Tebow wore :john 3:16 on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship college football game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.

Some have questioned me about what I think about Tebow. I've written about him a couple times in these blogs. I've even become tired of him because no one is talking about the New Orleans Saints on ESPN because it's all Tebow all the time.

But this is what he can mean to the Christian community. This is the kind of discussion that is brought forth because of his belief system.

I saw one site that even quoted what John 3:16 says.

I can't see harm coming from that. I see only education. If Tebow can remain humble and can have success, a tall order for most humans, then perhaps he can continue to be that shining light we all look for. If he can continue to talk about his beliefs in ways that make people do Google searches for John 3:16, well, more than no harm will be the result. God will bless that. I really believe that.

As long as the Broncos don't play the Saints in the Super Bowl, I'm with him all the way.

No comments: