Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boxed in

I've heard of thinking outside the box, but I can't remember when my life has been overcome by boxes. We moved two years ago, and what I remember of the move was a lot of heavy lifting. This time, we had professional movers who moved the heavy stuff, the boxes and everything that wasn't breathing.

Then we arrived, and what I will remember, along with the cramps that came during the middle of the night, was boxes. Boxes and boxes and more boxes.

We were simply overwhelmed with boxes. Who coule be overcme by boxes? Well, we have been. We're in a box canyon. We're boxed in. I've always been a brief kind of guy; now? I'm boxers all the way.

My feet hurt. My finger (cut) hurts, my fingernails (ingrown) hurt on the left hand, and my muscles ached, really, truly ache, all over. Did I mention it was 100 degrees today, in June?

But through it all, God is so acheingly good. God has changed everything, and it's so good. Eunice had 104 kids in VBS on Monday. I had nothing to do with it, so I can see for myself rather than thinking it had anything to do with me. God is walking this church outside the box(ex) and it has nothing to do with me. I pray not that I can change things, but that I can hold on as change happens.

I'm happy to say God works this way all the time, but we seldom notice. He is a God who takes the tired and aching and lifts them up long enough to see Him. Me? I've been dripping with sweat through it all, and through it all He lifts me, encourages me, sets the ball arolling and tender love captures me. I'm overcome by boxes, but they too can be overcome.

No comments: