Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh so blessed

God, source of our salvation and our joy, what shall we do?

If we look at our lives, we would see clearly that we live lives unworthy of the goodness you offer to us. We complain of our condition when our wants go unnoticed. Contentment eludes us, easily and often.

We hve plenty but we continue to yearn for more.

Millions face hunger, while we fret over the lack of steak when we have refrigerators full of hamburger. Through Christ, we ask for forgiveness, yet we grant no peace to those who come before us in need to a bit of bread.

Today if we look deeply into the mirror of our lives, we will see that God is near, yet we want Him to leave. We cry out to Him when things go badly, but forget all about Him when things are fine.

Today if we look deeply into the mirror of our lives, we will see a God who cares so much He never strays even when our lives are filled with sin that He despises.

Today if we look deeply into the mirror of our lives, we will see how many times He has moved evil away and let goodness and mercy crawl all over us.

I've looked at that mirror, and I've not loved what I've seen, except, except I've seen Him looking over my shoulder with a warm, loving hand on my neck. He knows me. he loves me. He wants the best for me.

What more could I want?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really hit home. I remember it seemed I was praying consantly when Meow was sick. I go several hours now without prayer. Guess it is just human nature. Love, June