Friday, December 4, 2009

Shining

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

I try, you know. I fail, you might not know. But I try, you know?

Yesterday I received a book from the author of the Left Behind series. He sent it to me out of his own good heart after we had exchanged emails. He signed the book, a book about writing, and gave me that verse above.

The thing about where I am today is that everything is about shining that light, so that everyone I come in contact with knows about Jesus and my love for him. But when I say everything is about that, what I mean is I wish everything were about that.

Things get in the way, things like my own ego and pride, my own reticense to say the right thing at the right time and just general apathy.

I pray that someone can see how Jesus in me, but mostly they see me.

Shine light. Shine. Shine on.

No comments: