Thursday, June 3, 2010

Boxed in

Ah, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but maybe it's just a reflection on the tape on the 3,471 boxes we have in our new "home."

We have gotten to the bottom of the barrel and we have found sox, and shoes, and uh, other things.

It is amazing what we collect over time. We have collected, well, everything...in drawers.

I've seen devices I never knew existed, much less that we have. How often did I say, "what is this and what does it do?" over the past couple of weeks.

The Lord speaks of this when He says he will take care of our every need, not our wants. Uh, oh. I've bowed at the foot of the idol of want, I'm afraid. I've thought too much of buying instead of giving. I've spent too much time analyzing what I don't have and trying to obtain it than see what is around me in need.

My prayer today is that all of us give something to someone today. I paid the toll for a person behind my in line at the causeway tollbooth yesterday and it was exciting and fun to watch in my mirror how long it took for the person to understand before they left. Giving is the way, the truth and it is God's life in the kingdom.

Look in your drawers and your cabinets and your heart today and give. It's the Kingdom way to go.

No comments: